Let's have a little conversation about why I'm so awesome. First off all, I'm awesome because I'm officially 25 days away from my birthday (who's buying me some D'usse). Next, I'm awesome because I was born that way. Lastly, this pasta solidifies that I'm awesome because it was created with the groceries in the refrigerator that are about to expire and in under 25 minutes! BOOM! I told one of my followers that I didn't have a name for it because it was made on a whim. So we're just going to call this Spinach & Tomato Spaghetti and you're going to try it and love it! It's delish!
First things first... this flavor profile is out of this world. Traditionally, I never put spinach and tomato together. In my head that's for people who like cottage cheese (that's another rant for another day. But this... this here, was amazing (just like me). The bacon wrapped steak medallions started this entire ordeal and I'm so glad about it.
This recipe does not require the use of meat... it's delicious without. HOWEVER, I love meat and opted to use sirloin medallions. They are about 3 oz each and I wrapped them in bacon (because I'm a total fat-ass). To secure the bacon, I tied twine around them. The only seasoning I used on the steak was salt, black pepper and dried herbs. I seared the absolute shit out of them, in the most respectable way I could with my cast-iron skillet, tossed in some spinach and tomatoes and then I put it in the oven to finish cooking for 7 minutes (no exaggeration).
As soon as I took the food out of the oven, I threw the cooked spaghetti in the skillet with the steak medallions and tossed it around using my favorite stainless-steel tongs that I found on sale at HomeGoods for $4. It's good enough to eat just like that, but I told you, I'm greedy. I wanted cheese because it's Sunday and cheese makes everything taste better. I added a handful of shredded mozzarella & provolone in the skillet with heavy cream and let it reduce down. And just like that, Spinach and Tomato Spaghetti was created and I won!
- 1 lb. meat of your choice, cubed
- ½ lb. Spaghetti
- ½ c. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ c. Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. Spinach
- 4 oz. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Dried Herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and boil spaghetti noodles until al dente.
- Season your meat with salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- In a skillet, sear meat of your choice on all sides (I used steak medallions).
- Add sliced tomatoes and spinach & toss well. Place in oven for 7-8 minutes to . Ensure meat is fully cooked by using a meat thermometer.
- Toss in cooked spaghetti, heavy cream and cheese. Stir well.
- Cook until the liquid in the skillet has reduced. Serve and enjoy!